Assisted Living Week—which starts on Grandparents Day each year—is the perfect time for communities across the country to raise awareness of Assisted Living services and honor members of their community. This year, Assisted Living Week is September 10-16. Have you started planning yet?
CALA’s 2017 theme, Engage, has challenged us to share Assisted Living, Memory Care, and CCRCs with new audiences; attract and develop exceptional team members; and build connections in support of a quality resident experience. For Assisted Living Week, we encourage you to do the same with your residents and community members. Here are some ways to do that:
- Have a resident program (e.g. wellness, activity, or memory care) that you’re proud of? Invite members of the local community for a showcase and promote how you’re bringing quality of life to your residents.
- Invite your legislator or local elected official to visit your community and share what makes your staff and residents unique.
- Honor the success of team members by distributing certificates for tenure and accomplishments at a celebratory breakfast, ice cream social, or barbeque.
- Make Grandparents Day a day of connection…invite the children and grandchildren of residents and employees to visit with residents.
- Download the latest Voice of Assisted Living presentation, which outlines quality of life measures for residents, then give a talk to family members, employees, or local service groups.
However you decide to commemorate Assisted Living Week, promote it! Use CALA’s press release template to inform local media. Read these tips on telling your good news stories via social media. Finally, tell CALA what you have planned…and take pictures! Your event may be featured here on the CALA blog.