Innovation is a critical skill and practice for aging service providers—and may mean the difference between being able to continue fulfilling their mission and being disrupted by a competitor or missed strategic opportunity. Technology plays a big part in not only transforming the service experience in traditional care models, but also in scaling new models to achieve sustainability.
Are you looking for access and information on the latest advances in aging tech? The 2014 AgeTech West Conference & Tech Expo: “Sync in Seattle: Transforming the Aging Services Experience,” November 17-18 in downtown Seattle, WA, has all this and more. Here are some top reasons why you should attend this event, according to AgeTech West:
- Sync-Up with innovative peers. Join some of the most forward-thinking minds in the aging services field to strategize new service lines, strike strategic partnerships and transform the way you do business.
- Private Screening of the Cyber-Seniors Documentary! Join us at the beautiful Mirabella Seattle senior high-rise community just a few blocks away for a humorous and heartwarming documentary feature, chronicling the extraordinary journey of a group of senior citizens as they discover the world of the Internet through the guidance of teenage mentors.
- Hi-Impact, 1.5-day Program & Expo! Presentations by Microsoft, Google, Panasonic, Intel, A Place for Mom, Care Innovations, Hoaloha Robotics, Caremerge, LivWell Health and other leading technology innovators as well as providers including Emeritus, Eskaton, Front Porch, Hallmark Rehab, Pacific Retirement Services, ABHOW, Episcopal Retirement Services and others. The Expo will feature up to 30 technology companies with the latest solutions ranging from socialization and connection platforms to virtual rebab, wellness and safety monitoring, eHealth, care transitions, staff and health record management, and fitness. Use the new AgeTech West conference mobile App to keep track of it all!
- Hear from Older Adults Themselves! What a novel concept!? AgeTech is upping the learning quotient by including older adults directly in the conference program. A live on-stage senior focus group panel will be facilitated by AARP Thought Leadership to explore views about how the use of technologies can best support consumers’ desires for aging independently and improve the experience of care for them and their families if they need it. We’ll also feature video testimonials of senior participants’ experiences with the 2013 technology pilot projects.
- CALA Members Get a $50 Discount! As a supporter of this event, CALA recognizes the need to stay abreast of the latest in aging technology, and we encourage our members to take advantage of this discount. When registering, select the “Supporting Organization Registration” option and list “CALA” as the supporting organization to receive the discounted rate.
Norms have changed; older consumers and caregivers are expecting “smart” care and services, enabled by modern technologies. Make technology adoption a priority—attend Sync in Seattle to help you plan your next moves.